Newcastle are not back in pre-season training yet but three players have been pictured working hard ahead of the new campaign.
The club’s official Twitter account posted photos Jacob Murphy, Paul Dummett and youngster Kell Watts.
They’re training at the club’s facilities to keep their fitness up during the summer.
That means they should be raring to go when pre-season gets underway next month.
As for that pre-season schedule, it’s taking shape slowly.
Newcastle will play either York or Harrogate away a month today on July 18 to get the ball rolling.
It has been announced today that they will play Rotherham – who were relegated to League One last season away from home on July 27.
The final of the three fixtures confirmed so far is away at another League One club in Burton Albion on July 30.
It is expected that there will be a training camp to go alongside these games, which may be in the Algarve but could be in York due to Covid restrictions.
Players showing a good attitude
These players don’t need to be coming in the club to do extra work ahead of pre-season.
The fact that they are shows a good attitude and a desire to hit the ground running once the formal work starts.
Of course, the proposed takeover, summer transfer activity and the lack of a new kit are probably bigger issues in the minds of the fans right now.
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta comments on the future of Newcastle United target Joe Willock
- Callum Wilson says Graeme Jones is more tactically aware than Steve Bruce
- Callum Wilson shares what Saint-Maximin needs to do improve
- Olivier Ntcham is now a free agent, should Newcastle swoop?
- Newcastle handed Joe Willock blow as star impresses for Arsenal