Newcastle have been linked with a swoop for Paris Saint-Germain striker Mauro Icardi since the takeover.
Wales international Aaron Ramsey was also a shock reported target even before the new owners came in.
And it has been no surprise to see those rumours resurface now Newcastle are the richest club in world football.
Respected journalist Fabrizio Romano has now tweeted about Newcastle’s reported interest in both players.
It is not the most thrilling update, although it does inform Newcastle fans on when Ramsey will decide on his future.
It seems Ramsey still wants to make a success of his Juventus career, but has not definitively decided on what he will do yet.
Newcastle could use a midfielder with energy and goals in his locker and Ramsey is a proven Premier League player.
Ramsey has had a mixed international break. He scored for Wales on Friday night against the Czech Republic.
That performance saw him described as ‘unbelievable’ by former international teammate Ashley Williams.
But he also scored an own goal in that match, when his backpass was miscontrolled by goalkeeper Danny Ward.
Wales won in 1-0 Estonia last night, with Ramsey setting up Kieffer Moore’s winner, to put them in a strong position to finish second in the group.
- Lucas Moura tells Newcastle that money doesn’t guarantee trophies
- Danny Murphy feels that Newcastle need three new defenders to beat drop
- Mehrdad Ghodoussi sends message to Newcastle fans ahead of today’s game with Tottenham
- Report: Newcastle to lead Tottenham in chase for Serie A goal machine
- Alan Shearer has a simple instruction for Newcastle fans today