It appears rapid progress is being made on Joe Willock’s move to Newcastle.
Sky Sports reported Keith Downie has offered an update on the transfer this morning.
It was hugely promising for Newcastle fans.
Willock is clearly just putting the finishing touches to the deal which could be completed within hours.
It’ll need to be if he is to feature in Newcastle’s first match of the season, against West Ham on Sunday.
Getting him in training today, as well as the familiarity he already has with his teammates would help get him ready for that game.
It helps that he has done a full pre-season with Arsenal, and should be ready to hit the ground running once the move is done.
Getting Willock through the door ahead of the first home game of the season, with supporters back, would give the fans something to cheer about.
There are still valid questions over whether he improves the squad from last season, given he was there last term, but it’s an exciting signing no doubt about it.
And the biggest saga of Newcastle’s summer could be over by midday.
- Saint-Maximin calls on Newcastle teammates to have the ‘mentality to win’
- Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin earns rave reviews for Leeds display
- Newcastle fans react to incredible clip of Matt Ritchie, Graeme Jones and Steve Bruce
- Karl Darlow impresses on busy return to Newcastle side in Leeds draw
- Bobby Clark is already impressing at Liverpool after Newcastle exit