Data from FBRef shows Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin is the number one player in the Premier League in two statistical categories.
He is the outright leader when it comes to carrying the ball into the final third of the pitch.
He’s done that 18 times so far this season, in just three matches.
The Frenchman’s nearest competitor is Arsenal’s Emile Smith-Rowe, who has 13.
He’s also made as many through balls as any player in the Premier League, sharing the lead with the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba and Trent Alexander-Arnold.
Only two wingers have carried the ball further than Saint-Maximin’s 670 metres; £100 million man Jack Grealish and Wolves flier Adama Traore.
He’s also second to Traore in terms of the amount of players dribbled past. Saint-Maximin is on 15, with Traore on 22.
They are two of only four players in the league to be in double figures, and Saint-Maximin will hope to keep putting up impressive numbers after the international break.
- Saint-Maximin calls on Newcastle teammates to have the ‘mentality to win’
- Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin earns rave reviews for Leeds display
- Newcastle fans react to incredible clip of Matt Ritchie, Graeme Jones and Steve Bruce
- Karl Darlow impresses on busy return to Newcastle side in Leeds draw
- Bobby Clark is already impressing at Liverpool after Newcastle exit