Newcastle flier Allan Saint-Maximin has named Kyle Walker as the toughest defender he has faced in the Premier League.
The Frenchman answered questions from fans on the Premier League’s official YouTube channel.
He was asked who the toughest defender he has faced is since he arrived in England and plumped for England international and Manchester City title-winner Walker.
“Kyle Walker, for sure,” he said when asked the question. “He’s really good; quick, strong – everything.”
Saint Maximin-also named Thierry Henry as the Premier League player he idolised growing up.
“He is the king. I really loved the way he played, the character of Thierry. I know him a little bit, too.”
£45 million man Walker has had his critics at times but he is in his prime now and is a regular for club and country.
Saint-Maximin has the quality to trouble any Premier League backline, even ones as expensively assembled as City’s.
With the takeover happening, Newcastle will hope to buy more talented forwards to compliment him.
That will mean defences cannot double or treble mark him like they have been doing now, especially in the absence of Callum Wilson.
- Newcastle target Darwin Nunez scores hat-trick in Covid-ravaged clash
- Former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll gets off the mark at Reading
- Jamal Lewis could start against Norwich due to Matt Ritchie suspension
- Howe praises Dubravka’s display in 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Callum Wilson manages just 13 touches in 90 minutes vs Arsenal