Ralf Rangnick has been offered to Newcastle United after the takeover, according to the Chronicle.
Rangnick is currently Head of Sports and Development at Lokomotiv Moscow, having moved there during the summer.
But he would apparently be interested in a behind the scenes role at St James’ Park.
He has managerial experience but he is apparently interested in a less hands-on role than that.
Rangnick has been one of the great minds of German football in recent times, even being named as the inspiration behind Jurgen Klopp’s style at Liverpool.
And his key role in the Red Bull clubs developing means he knows how to create an attacking, exciting philosophy.
Rangnick is vastly experienced and knowledgeable. If he came on board, he would offer Newcastle clout and knowhow.
He is 63 now though, and perhaps Newcastle might prefer someone younger and more dynamic.
There can be no doubt he knows what he’s doing when it comes to the football side behind the scenes.
Rangnick has been offered to Newcastle and is potentially interested. Now we’ll wait to see what the club does next, as it works towards the ideal combination of manager and director of football to take the club on.
- Opinion: Eddie Howe should be loaning out 24-year-old in January, it will benefit everyone
- 'Confidence': Reporter states what Newcastle source told him about club's survival hopes
- Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of Newcastle v Burnley and whether NUFC will stay up
- 'Obsessed', 'go on you Gooners': Some Toon fans react to what they heard at Old Trafford last night
- Some Newcastle fans really need to stop thinking about 61-year-old manager now – Opinion