Chris Wood has become the second signing of the new era at Newcsastle United.
Kieran Trippier was the first, and made his debut in the FA Cup third round loss to Cambridge United.
Trippier has taken to Instagram to welcome Wood to the club ahead of the huge weekend clash against Watford.
The pair represent the first two forays into the transfer market as Eddie Howe looks together a squad capable of beating the drop.
They have actually played together before, during loan spells at Barnsley in the 2010/11.
Those three games brought three losses but plenty has changed since then as they established themselves as full internationals.
They are battle hardened Premier League performers and should be capable of raising standards around the place.
Trippier’s crossing ability should complement Wood’s aerial prowess well, especially as Newcastle adjust to the different profile of striker in the side.
Going from Callum Wilson to Wood is a change, but it offers Howe variety when both are fit, and for the time being, he has an experienced Premier League striker to lead the line going into a huge game.
- Agent talk of £59m move away is laughable; Toon player's focus should be ending his woeful form
- Report: Newcastle in loan chase for 22-year-old Thomas Tuchel has branded 'solid'
- Report: Newcastle open talks to sign Premier League benchwarmer on loan
- Report: Newcastle return with second offer for 32-cap international after rejection
- Boost for Newcastle defenders as key Leeds player is ruled out of Saturday clash