England made it to their first ever European Championship final with a 2-1 win over Denmark last night.
It’s the country’s first ever major final since 1966. On the bright side, that means we’ve never lost one.
The atmosphere at Wembley was electric and one man who was there was Newcastle striker Callum Wilson.
He posted a video from the stands on Twitter the morning after the game.
Wilson has been around Gareth Southgate’s England squad at times.
At the 2019 Nations League, he was the established backup to Harry Kane in attack.
Perhaps he might have had a better chance of going to the Euros if they’d gone ahead as planned last summer.
Kane was struggling for fitness then, while Dominic Calvert-Lewin hadn’t made his international debut either.
The competition for places up front saw Wilson miss out but it’s clear he was still supporting the team from the stands.
Another impressive season for Newcastle should keep him on Southgate’s radar.
There might be slight regret that he wasn’t in the squad for a night like last night but it was still an occasion to savour nonetheless.
- Report: NUFC tried to sign 'fantastic' Leeds player on deadline day, he was available for £20m
- £3m player on the bench, Howe makes Gordon decision: Predicted Newcastle lineup to face West Ham
- Report: Newcastle wanted to sign 'unstoppable' 20-year-old who is 'like Neymar' in January
- 'Without Bruno…': Chris Sutton predicts the result of NUFC vs West Ham, makes Guimaraes claim
- Report: 'Incredible' Joelinton could now be rewarded for his outstanding Newcastle form