Paul Merson has predicted the result of Newcastle’s clash with Brentford for Sportskeeda.
The match will be Eddie Howe’s first game since taking charge.
Newcastle are looking for a first win of the season in any competition – and Merson thinks the wait will end here.
“This is a massive game of football in the Premier League.
“Newcastle finally have a new manager in Eddie Howe and they have three winnable games at home coming up.
“If they don’t get at least seven points in this period, they’ll get relegated. They have a terrible run of games after that, so they’ll have to make the most of this one.
“I fancy them to get a narrow victory at home against Brentford. Prediction: Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford.”
It would do Howe the power of good to get his reign off the ground with a win.
Brentford lost at home to Norwich last time out which makes this a winnable game on paper.
There is so much excitement surrounding the new era and that would go through the roof if Merson’s prediction is right.
- Opinion: Eddie Howe should be loaning out 24-year-old in January, it will benefit everyone
- 'Confidence': Reporter states what Newcastle source told him about club's survival hopes
- Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of Newcastle v Burnley and whether NUFC will stay up
- 'Obsessed', 'go on you Gooners': Some Toon fans react to what they heard at Old Trafford last night
- Some Newcastle fans really need to stop thinking about 61-year-old manager now – Opinion