The Newcastle United line-up for this afternoon’s FA Cup third round clash with Cambridge United has been announced.
The match is Eddie Howe’s first match in the competition since taking over as Magpies manager
Eddie Howe will be looking for the same spirit his side showed in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United last time out; a game Newcastle were unlucky not to win.
Here is how Howe will line his side up for the game…
You can see how the starting eleven compares to our predicted lineup here.
The big news is that the first signing of the new era, Kieran Trippier, is starting, with Howe naming a strong side to take the cup seriously.
Sean Longstaff is also playing, amid speculation over his future and links to a reunion with Rafa Benitez at Everton.
It looks like Emil Krafth is playing as a central defender in a back four, which has not been seen often, if at all, in black and white.
- Report: Newcastle could lodge bid for 28-year-old who 'scores out of nothing' today
- 31-year-old deserves to be Toon captain if Lascelles is dropped – opinion
- Saudis reportedly make Aubameyang bid, but thankfully it's not PIF and Newcastle
- Report: Young Newcastle duo trained with Howe's first-team today, including rarely seen 19-year-old
- PIF should revive interest in 'incredible' defender and create Brazilian partnership at SJP – opinion