The Newcastle United line-up for this lunchtime’s clash with Arsenal has been announced.
Newcastle are still looking for their win of the season in all competitions.
Eddie Howe will be in the Newcastle dugout for the first time ever at the Emirates after returning a negative Covid test.
Here is how Howe will line his side up in north London…
You can see how the starting eleven compares to our predicted lineup here.
The big news is that Martin Dubravka comes into the side in goal after Karl Darlow’s nervous performance against Brentford.
Howe has also reshaped the right hand side of his defence, with Ryan Fraser seemingly playing right wing-back.
Emil Krafth looks set to play as the right-sided central defender. Neither he or Fraser were in the side last time around.
Darlow, Ciaran Clark and Jacob Murphy have been dropped from the side and are all on the bench for this one.
Howe has elected not to play it safe over Callum Wilson, with the England international one booking away from a suspension ahead of the midweek clash with Norwich.
The formation graphic is lined up in a back five again, but the personnel Howe has selected leaves the prospect of a four-man backline open, with Fraser of course capable of playing on the right wing.
- Jamie Carragher explains why Newcastle are a 'big problem' for Arsenal
- 'That's the bottom line': Newcastle's £20m man urges club not to take his shirt number off him
- Report: Howe's going to give Newcastle's £15m player a chance to prove himself in pre-season
- Report: 28-year-old now likely to leave Newcastle, but his teammate's going to stay at SJP
- ‘Steve had him’: Shearer says Newcastle came so close to signing West Ham star