Bruno Guimaraes got his first Newcastle start last night and marked it with a goal in a 2-1 win against Southampton.
The blow of Joelinton’s injury, which made him a surprise absentee from not just the starting eleven but the entire squad was softened by the fact it allowed Bruno to come into the side.
And he did not take long to make an impact, grabbing the winner seven minutes into the second half to keep the unbeaten league run rolling on.
Bruno’s fellow Brazilian Lucas Paqueta was in the crowd at St Mary’s last night and took to Twitter after the game to celebrate the winning goal.
Paqueta was reportedly a target for Newcastle in the January window when the Magpies apparently made an offer but the playmaker rejected the chance to sign a staggering deal worth around £181,000-a-week.
MORE NEWCASTLE STORIES
But while it remains to be seen whether Paqueta will don the famous black and white stripes, Bruno is and is already a fan favourite.
And he responded with a message which translated to: “I love you!! You are my best friend for life. I miss you.”
That relationship could help bring Paqueta to St James’ Park but those are conversations for the transfer window.
Now is the time to enjoy the continued momentum as the Eddie Howe revolution rolls on even without Joelinton.
- Newcastle-born Sheffield United man is desperate to get one over on Magpies tomorrow
- Trippier is a big fan of 23-year-old Newcastle man, says he has ‘huge potential’
- Journalist now provides update on that Bruno Guimaraes release clause
- Micah Richards now convinced Newcastle star will start at Euro 2024
- Fabrizio Romano now says Newcastle have tied up new contract for ‘incredible’ 25-year-old