Newcastle are still looking for their first win of the Premier League season after a 2-1 loss at Wolves.
Hwang Hee-Chan netted a double – one in each half – to clinch Wolves’ maiden home win of the campaign.
Steve Bruce started with a back four before reverting to a back five when Joe Willock went off.
Magpies legend Alan Shearer delivered his verdict on the performance and result straight after the game.
It was straight to the point and it’s difficult to argue with Shearer’s assessment.
Wolves decided to sit back and defend what they had in the second half but Newcastle still couldn’t make headway.
The international break comes at a good time in terms of trying to regroup and maybe getting Callum Wilson back in training.
But it was another disappointing afternoon and Shearer’s tweet will reflect the views of many Magpies fans tonight.
- Report: Newcastle could lodge bid for 28-year-old who 'scores out of nothing' today
- 31-year-old deserves to be Toon captain if Lascelles is dropped – opinion
- Saudis reportedly make Aubameyang bid, but thankfully it's not PIF and Newcastle
- Report: Young Newcastle duo trained with Howe's first-team today, including rarely seen 19-year-old
- PIF should revive interest in 'incredible' defender and create Brazilian partnership at SJP – opinion