Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Premier League
Photo by Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images

Report claims Allan Saint-Maximin is 'expected' to be sold by Newcastle

Last week Eddie Howe vowed that Allan Saint-Maximin will not be sold by Newcastle.

This week a fresh report states that Allan Saint-Maximin will be sold by Newcastle.

That’s according to the Daily Mail, who were the first to claim that the Frenchman’s time at St James’ Park could come to an end this summer.

They reported on April 2nd that the Magpies are ready to ‘cash in’ on the 25-year-old, with Aston Villa interested in signing him.

HITC Sport's First New Signing REVEALED

Photo by Alex Livesey – Danehouse/Getty Images

These rumours were then addressed by Howe, who was asked about Saint-Maximin’s future ahead our last game against Wolves.

Howe was defiant in his message. “Absolutely yes,” he replied when asked if ASM had a future with the club.

“Don’t always believe what you read in the papers.”

Well, those papers are continuing with their stance.

Photo by Newcastle United/Newcastle United via Getty Images

Saint-Maximin to be sold four days after Howe said he wasn’t – really?

Amid claims that Newcastle are looking at Brighton winger Leandro Trossard, the Daily Mail claim that Saint-Maximin is ‘expected’ to leave this summer. They add that the money received for Maxi would be reinvested into the squad.

So just days after Howe proclaimed that Saint-Maximin was going nowhere, the Daily Mail have continued with this narrative that he’s going to depart.

How on earth do they get away with it? The report doesn’t even acknowledge Howe’s quotes.

Photo by Naomi Baker/Getty Images

So are the Daily Mail implying that our manager is a liar? Or are they just ignoring what’s been said as it hinders their story?

Howe was very clear last Thursday. Saint-Maximin is going nowhere and has a long term future with the Magpies.

This is a nothing story that the media seem intent on dragging out.

LOGIN to Comment
LOGIN to Comment